Mums and Bubs
The Mums and Bubs program aims to improve birth outcomes by reducing premature births and low birth weight, and improving early infant health and wellbeing. The program helps new mums and their partners to become confident parents and give their newborns the best start in life.
Mums and Bubs can support you with:
- contraception and sexual health services
- pregnancy testing
- pregnancy education and advice
- pre-pregnancy screening and care
- antenatal care including support to quit smoking, family support, and
- outreach services such as home visits and linking you with hospital services for birth
- post-natal care including home visits, breastfeeding support and immunisations
- regular health checks for you, your children and family
- parenting advice and support.
Family Partnership Program
This program supports women who are first-time mums, and pregnant with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander child, to improve their health and the health of their baby. If you participate in this program you will receive home visits in addition to appointments in your clinic.
The home visits focus on supporting you through your journey into motherhood. They can help you to develop positive health behaviours for you and your child.
The IUIH Family Partnership Program is based at Strathpine and available to women living in the north Brisbane/Caboolture region or who are planning to have their baby at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, Redcliffe Hospital or Caboolture Hospital.