IUIH Home Support provides household and social support services to help Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples aged 50 or over to keep their independence, improve their quality of life and stay in their homes for longer.
- social support – assistance with errands, getting to appointments
- domestic assistance – household jobs like cleaning, washing and cooking
- food preparation – helping with buying, preparing and storing food
- personal care – bathing, dressing, hair care and toileting
- minor yard maintenance
- nursing care – assistance with wound care and taking medication
- centre-based care – group outings and activities
- allied health services – introduction to a range of therapies such as
- physiotherapy, occupational therapy and dental and optical services
- transport – helping to get out and about.
If you or a family member is 50 or over and could benefit from a bit of help around the home or getting out and about, have a chat with your GP, or contact IUIH Home Support on 1800 802 265.